Monday, October 24, 2005

A big wet smooch to my brother in law


Smooches, Tim!

Kevin and I had a spontaneous dinner with the in-laws Saturday night. I shared my saga of woe, and showed off my new phone that I had programs all by myself. Now, this is an impressive feat, because I got married to avoid chores such as this. Then Tim, the lovely Tim, piped up and said, "I have a cell phone from work I barely used, do you want it?"

Yes, oh yes, please.

So I returned the old cell phone, had them program the new cell phone, and saved a tidy sum of change! Verizon was quite pleasant about the whole thing, and even offered to upgrade my software for FREE. I have previously explained my warm feelings for FREE.

There is just one tiny problem with the new cell phone. My ring tones lack discretion. My other phones had a benign ring. Something inoffensive with an unrecognizable tune. This phone is more gregarious. There are no subtle ring tones, they are all horrid. Leaving me with no choice but to choose a song...crickey! So if we are ever wandering pretentious art galleries together, or dining intimately at a candlelit bistro, and you find yourself thinking, "Is that Mozart's 'The Magic Flute?'"

Excuse me while I take a phone call.

No comments: