Saturday, July 15, 2006

After a long day at work (where we put in a revolving door and I just missed it on the way in), Steve kindly treated Kevin and me to dinner at East/West Cafe. Yummy! For Kevin, it was a thank you in helping him move his big-ass manly TV. For me, it was because I wanted a present.

Steve is now officially my favorite friend. Pay attention people.

Naturally, it's gorgeous now that I'm at work. It better stay nice for when I have a few days off! I have a new bikini to lay around the yard in, slathered in sunscreen and self-tanner lotion. But it feels like I'm tanning, without the sun damage.

I'm taking a month off the pregnancy wagon, due to some herbs perscribed by my acupuncturist. We're hoping to lose the cyst without surgery. Something about damp heat/stagnant bloodflow/blocked chi. It really makes sense when Onika is talking about it. Guess I'll just have to have sex with my husband for recreational purposes.

As my first due date gets closer, and I see more patients with that due date, things get harder and harder. No crying in baseball, right girls? But I don't love my job as much as I normally do. Maybe I'll like it again in September.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) Glad you liked your present.

Just wait for them to hook up a 250 rpm motor to that revolving door...*cringes*...then it'll be _really_ sad.

CV said...

I'm coming up in a couple of weeks. Maybe we can get together and do something fun and not talk about serious things? :) Love and miss you...

Mrs. Flinger said...

Hi! I saw your comment on Callibelle and had to stop in after I saw you're from the PNW! I am, too, and love to see new people from the area. So. Hi! :-)

We're trying again for another baby.Your "guess i"ll have to have sex for recreational purposes" cracks me up. I'm sorry to hear aboyt your cyst. I hope it goes well for you and all clears up so you can enjoy the sleeplessness and love and joy of motherhood. :-)

Glad to "meet" you!

CV said...

So if I do get the chance to see you while I'm up, I'll bring some bath products with me!

And yes I did see that Molly linked to me. She's hilarious, and is the sole reason I would ever visit Iowa. :P