Monday, June 01, 2009

Moments Like This

Patrick and I had a Mommy-Kiddo all day playdate today. One moment really stood out from the rest.

We were playing this game. I laid down on the living room floor and yelled, "Where's Patrick?" Running and giggling from the kitchen, with Patrick finally throwing his body on top of mine. Peals of laughter. And repeat.

One time I covered my face with the blanket while he was out of the room. When I yelled for him, he landed on top of me and delightedly pulled the blanket back. Then he shoved it back over my face to continue the game.

Except this one time. He covered my face, ran off and immediately turned back around. He uncovered my face, gave me a spontaneous kiss, covered me back up, and resumed the game.

It totally makes up for that fit he threw when he couldn't have marshmallows for breakfast.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Awwww ... so sweet! Love the spontaneous kisses.

Brie said...

Aw!! How precious!
And I can't believe he's turning 2 this month! Wow!