Two precious kids. Two crazy dogs. One fabulous husband. And nothing remains quite the same.
Friday, December 02, 2005
We Drove to Lynnwood for dinner
We drove to Lynnwood for dinner. This was a bit of a stretch for us, as we don't like to get on the highway for dinner. We usually stick around our neighborhood, meaning Proctor or 6th Ave. Anything else is effort. But I was cleaning a drawer the other day and found gift certificates to McGrath's Seafood. The wicked stepmother, having decided McGrath would make a lovely third and final last name, gave us this gift for Christmas. Last Year. So having found them, we decided to use them. So north we drove, to lovely Lynnwood. I read aloud from David Sedaris' "Holidays on Ice." My favorite kind. I started with the infamous "SantaLand Diaries." If you don't know what I'm talking about, then you should listen to more NPR. A classic holiday tale of one man's adventures as a Macy's Christmastime elf. He's brilliantly funny, both as a writer and a speaker. I'd include him as another celebrity boyfriend, but one gay celebrity boyfriend is enough (see Victor Garber).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment