Saturday, November 21, 2009

I would like to give a big shout out to my high school buddy Jon, who commented on my blog that I looked thin. There is nothing nicer you can say to a pregnant girl.

My husband is being a champ. Super-sweet and supportive, as I am a little bit "more" this time around. More emotional. More tired. More cranky. More uncomfortable. I cried three times today, and the first time was at 5:15am. Not exactly the right side of the bed.

We let Patrick sleep with us last night because he was up and down coughing. We were reminded why co-sleeping does not work for our family. Kicking, tossing, and turning. Plus he ended up with the biggest section of the bed. He weighs 35 pounds! What the heck. We continued our fabulous parenting with lots of TV and sugar today.

The potty chair is set up downstairs so Patrick can be naked and not pee on the carpet, since our bathrooms are all upstairs. And success! He used it three times! And it's been self-initiated. Right now he'll only use it when it's his idea. Like any toddler, if I ask, the answer is no.

I gave away my cloth diapers on CraigsList. I'll get new ones for Little Girl, but they were pretty worn out and just not working for Patrick anymore. But I hated the idea of just throwing them away. I figured that for free somebody could use them. And somebody snatched them up about 10 minutes after I posted the ad. We are now hoping we'll have similar success with our loveseat. Neither one of us have the energy to sell. We just want it out of our way.

We have a finalized menu for Thanksgiving and grocery shopping 80% done! Wish I could say the same for Patrick's big boy room, but it's getting there. Kevin moved the futon downstairs (yes, it's a bit crowded), and we've picked a color that I think would win Lisa's approval.

And I did more shopping online yesterday! Lots of shopping. Sephora, Old Navy, Zappos, and Amazon. Mom, we might just have to settle for post-dinner shopping online when you come and visit. Getting out of the house is just too much.

It's been a rough fall for too many people. I'm counting my blessings, saying lots of prayers, and remaining thankful for all we have.

2 comments:

Tina said...

I am Camilles friend, tina. I know an awesome blogger. http://valleygirlhasbabygoescrunchy.blogspot.com she has an etsy shop and has the most amazing cloth diapers that she makes herself. I would totally reccomend it!

CV said...

I agree with Jon - you look amazing! Sending lots of love your way, hopeful to see you soon. xo