Sunday, September 26, 2010

Turns out I will still be a crazy person

Kevin tore out the carpet in the living room and the laminate in the entryway. The dining room is next. The laminate in the kitchen and utility room can stay, but only because Kevin's going to lay the new floor right on top.

Our house is a disaster. Boxes and piles and everything out of place. Until the OSB is installed, I can't let the baby on the floor. My I-Want-To-Walk-Now Baby. The one who hates to be restrained and can't be bribed with more Charlie and Lola.

I'm going to lose my mind before this process is over. And given that Kevin and I rarely have a moment to do these projects, it's not going to be a three-day-rush ala The Larson's Roof project. It's going to take WEEKS.

I rushed off to my Mom's this weekend so Fiona could crawl on the floor and I didn't have to deal with my mess of a house. I don't mind a little dirt. I have dogs and realistic expectations. But I HATE the clutter. The boxes everywhere and shelves over-flowing. It just makes me so cranky, which leads to picking on my husband, which leads to a very ill-tempered husband. So I'm taking a very deep breath, a swallow of free beer from Dave, and all the self restraint God will give me, and letting it go.

But in the meantime....

I'm desperate for afternoon playdates. If I call you, please say yes! Think of poor baby Fiona needing to crawl on somebody else's floor!

4 comments:

Joel413 said...

That three-day rush turned into a 7-day marathon you know ;) And I am but a phone call away to provide help too. I owe it to both of you :)

CV said...

Are you around on Saturday afternoon? I'm happy to vacuum so that Fiona can crawl on our floor, and that way you could see the house. :) And I'd get to see you. Or we could take the kids to the park if the weather is decent. Let me know.

Lena said...

Fiona can come and crawl on my floor anytime. Give me a reason to clean it too. :)

Nancy said...

I'm so sorry. If I had an RV, I'd lend it to you. Hang in there.