Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Home Improvement, but where is Tim Allen?

Everybody keeps asking, "How's the floor going?" Well....it's quite slowly going, but it's the best we got right now. We need to finish the subfloor, then Kevin can start laying down the Pergo. But there is enough of a smooth surface that Fiona can get down. Our schedules are just killer on home improvement projects.

And speaking of schedules, Kevin started on rehearsals for "The Elixir of Love" with Tacoma Opera. I can't wait to visit with everybody and show off my kids! I think, however, they'll appreciate me leaving my germs at home. With Patrick coughing and my running eyes and nose, I think we'll wait on that. Almost all our babysitters are lined up. Fiona was quite cranky with tonight's babysitter. I paid her extra. Kevin is getting great hours at work considering all his limitations, which we are very grateful for. It just makes it hard. My Father-In-Law said he'd help when they get back from China. Praise the Lord and pass the power tools.

The house is coming along. Thanks to the blessing of a few decent days, the painting has begun! We decided to shake things up with the paint color. No worries, family, we aren't following our old patterns of bright (horrid) colors. Just a slight change. It's Slate Tile, Grecian Ivory, and Manor House (dark gray). Quite suburban. And after getting the roof, gutters, and windows cleaned, it's really looking good. And Kevin says I can get a new dishwasher now as we replace the floors! Ours is so awful and has been since we bought the house eight years ago. I'm just so excited to get things looking nice and fixed up. With our student loans finished THIS DECEMBER! we'll have a healthy chunk of change...once we pay off the Visa and our VW loan.

I'm going to try singing again with our worship team at church. Rehearsals are Wednesday evenings, right around the kids' bedtime. We'll see how it goes.

3 comments:

emilie said...

Wow... I can't even imagine a world with no student loans.. Good for you both!

Nancy said...

I can hardly wait to see the place. And a new dishwasher. YEAH. How exciting. Do you have time to post a picture of Fiona and Patrick. I feel like it's been way too long since I saw her.

Stacia said...

SO jealous of you being finished with your student loans so soon. We have many years to go....