Saturday, August 05, 2006

Gorgeous weather and I'm on my way to work. That ALWAYS makes me sad. Mom's been in town the last two days. Such a doll, she drove her sewing machine all the way to Tacoma to help me hem curtains. And I only really helped on the last one, because she didn't trust me to do it up right. But they look brilliant! We've been feeding her well as a thank you. Kevin cooked up some fish tacos (with Mahi Mahi tuna, because that man don't cook with cheap ingredients), and we made a field trip to IKEA yesterday for lunch and window shopping. Then Mom was hit with inspiration and put us to work again recovering my ugly dining room chairs with leftover curtain fabric. Looks amazing. She'd love to crack the whip with more home projects, but she has a tennis game today with Cindy/the other ex-wife/the wicked stepmother. So we're safe for now.

And Mom, known as the last person alive to read The Da Vinci Code, check out Dan Brown's website with all the great pictures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*grin* It's okay, Nancy - I haven't read it yet, either...

Glad to hear the curtain project went well. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

I loved doing the projects at your place - and the food you served me was absolutely the best. Remember - I can always come up again - I'll do a project and you feed me. Yeah! By the way - the bathroom I painted looks great - so great that now I'm doing the closet too. Thanks for a fun 2 days.