It seems rather silly to be too tired to blog.
It's not like my days at home are filled with endless variety. Patrick and I alternate between the floor, the swing, and various bouncy seats. I'll read books when he'll sit still long enough to enjoy the pictures. He's got toys he likes to chew on. And breastfeeding and diaper changes are a popular activity.
But I'm still rather tired at the end of the day. Even though I miss him when he's asleep. And at times, I can't believe that I'm the Mommy.
So some notes on the last few days:
Mom came up Thursday night as a favor. I wanted to get some yardwork done, and Kevin's gone alot with both regular work and opera work. So Mom was on baby duty while I weeded the front beds, got rid of some ugly, dead plants, trimmed the lavender, and cut back some enthusiastic shrubs. It looks pretty decent, the highest compliment I can give my yard at this time. Then I introduced her to Hello, Cupcake. We shared a red velvet, carrot, and lemon cupcake. Yummy.
Patrick is super alert during the day, but rather grumpy the last few. Feeding him when I'm out and about is more of a challenge, as he wants to look at everything instead of eating. But he's hungry, so he's grumpy. Awesome. He's also doing less snacking and more huge feeds. Kevin says he's taking some big bottles for him and various babysitters. Up to 9 ounces!
Kevin's in a Buffy the Vampire Slayer phase, I'm in a Lord of the Rings phase. It's making us both super productive (sarcasm inserted).
I knew that my hair would fall out after Patrick was born, but I didn't realize the potential for a bald spot! I pulled my hair back into a high ponytail, took a close look at my hairline, and thought, that's not just the lighting, that's NO HAIR! So my ponytails are a bit lower until the duck fuzz fills in.
Patrick has finally discovered his feet! His favorite time to play with them is during diaper changes, without pants and sock to get in his way.
4 comments:
I just want to say that Buffy the Vampire Slayer is never a phase! It is a lifelong devotion! Especially if you own a treadmill. There is nothing like sweating out a good cardio workout to some exciting vampire slayage. :)
The duck fuzz sucks, too.
And warning, there's likely a post-breastfeeding fallout and re-growth, too.
And about where I'm at now is where I want to take the scissors to my hair and chop chop chop ... rgh. Ends limp and utterly helpless, the top all fuzzy ... rgh. I feel for ya.
My new philosophy: it's not my job to play with my kids. I do sometimes, but it's not the bulk of what I should accomplish during the day.
Sorry about the post-partum hair. Just don't pull an Alicia. Remember the post-Eddie haircut? V. scary.
Patrick is looking so sweet!
Blue fleecejackets look the same but is that mine in the photo?
It was lovely to meet you all.
Post a Comment