So this is where summer has been hiding: in September.
Kevin and I bought some Tagro potting soil from Gardensense, and the owner talked to us about how Alicia sweet-talked him into selling it.
Alicia has the enviable skill of convincing people that her great idea was their's all along, and naturally they will be working on it as quickly as possible. It's true brilliance and I just watch and learn every chance I get.
I'm going to use it more as a mulch in my front flower beds along with some of the Tagro mix. The soil needs some major love. My plants aren't looking so great. I'll move a few shrubs around and add a few pansies and violas for the fall. While September is tight, we are just using the credit card and calling it good. We've been so careful, but I want the yard to look just a little bit better. Later on this month, we'll put some seed on the lawn and try to resurect the grass.
I need more of a plan with Patrick, as there are a few things I want to work on. One, weaning. Two, not hitting (he's a boy and plays very physically). Three, more meal ideas, especially for finger foods and veggies.
3 comments:
Ah, so our warm weather went to you, and your cold weather came down here. :)
Jenny, love reading your blog now and again seeing pictures of the little guy! Food suggestions.... Mekaya likes veggie burgers, steamed carrots, broccoli, squash, peas and corn! i also make orzo pasta with loads of veggies mixed in and she will eat that. My nanny said that one of her sons favorite meals is fish, with rice and beans- healthy and rich with protein. Hope these a few new things that might work. ALso butternut squash is a favorite with a little brown sugar mixed in Mekaya loves this. CUt up avocado and berries seem to be the favorites for fruit. Love to you all, Christina xoxoxo
Happy gardening!
Post a Comment