Saturday, November 12, 2011

Bedtime, the most wonderful time of the day

Oh my sweet baby Jesus did those kids run me ragged today!

Patrick could not stay out of my face for five minutes.

Fiona kept screaming for help with something I'd already told her 18 times she could not do.

And it was all yucky cold and raining.

And the post office was closed 30 minutes before we got there.

And Patrick kept touching things.

And Fiona lost my IPod (in the house, I found it after having a mental breakdown).

But then both doors were closed, lullaby music played on, and I cleaned the kitchen and poured myself a drink (eggnog with rum, happy holidays to you too!) and decided that going to bed early was the only way to improve the day.

And so, goodnight.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Eggnog and rum....makes a crazy day better!!

Lena said...

Oh I so hear you, I love bedtime. Good for you for going to bed early!