So we've fixed Kevin's window. Then my window got fixed, thanks to Wonderful Bob and Dan at Cooper's Collision. I love these men, these auto repair men, with a love that cannot be contained. Terry, our neighbor, offered to take the panel off the door and see what he could do. Sounded suspiciously like Nancy Saturday night. But what the hell, I had to take it in anyway....
Unfortunately, Terry couldn't fix it, but he steered me away from Novus and towards a repair shop. A stroke of bloody genius. After calling two Subaru repair places...
Tangent: Glen's dad Rod offered once to fix my car, until I told him it was NOT a Ford, Chevy, GMC, or another illustrious American made (in Japan) car. His response, "Rod don't do Subaru," like a Seussian prophet.
...I gave Cooper's a call. They offered to give me a free estimate, and they were close to home, so off I went. They quoted me a repair price almost half the other places. So I walked around doing errands while they....did whatever repair men do.
And I returned to a glorious surprise! Bob, upon further reflection, decided to take the door apart NOW to JUST MAKE SURE it was that part. And he found the true problem was loose bolts, fallen-out screws, and missing washers. So he fixed it. For $50. Bob got a big hug.
Now Kevin wants to take the truck into McCabe's, my other favorite repair shop. Seems the RPM's keep racing. And I'm sure there's about another $1000 in work that could be done, as the truck is a 1997 and has 170+ thousand miles logged. Then there's the Subinator, with an oil leak, noisy defrost, broken AC, and squeaky brakes. Not too mention the 120+ thousand miles. We'd like these cars to last another 5 years, so some money must be invested. Ouch. Hope nobody was looking forward to Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment