No, I don't know the gender yet. Our ultrasound is in two weeks, all the grandparents are coming up to see, and we'll tell all you lovely people who are dying of curiosity so you can start buying appropriate presents for Parakeet.
It's been a growing couple of weeks. I don't know how much weight I've gained. My new best friends (and that's whoever says it) says I don't look like I've gained much weight because my face still looks thin. Maybe they aren't looking at my ass. But the belly is starting to pop out. I'm so excited about my belly.
And even better is dressing my belly.
Pants are still fitting. OK, some of them. Tops have been a bit of a problem. I'm long-waisted to begin with, so I have trouble finding tops long enough anyway. I spent a few hours Friday trying on everything I own and putting away what won't be needed for a while. My closet was pretty sparse after that. Lena and Katherine have been sweet to lend some maternity clothes. Most will fit in a few months, when I'm really big.
In the meantime, I went shopping! A few new shirts, mostly layering pieces, a black hoodie that just might look cute after pregnancy, and a button-up top from the consignment store that still had tags on it. Even more important, two luscious new bras to match my new boobs (AKA the rack I've always wanted) with some panties. As these boobs are not mine for keeps, I'm keeping myself in line not buying LOTS of bras. Who knows how long they'll last. The boobs, not the bras.
But the best part....I've starting feeling Parakeet move!
5 comments:
Yeah! Finally new blog info. Very depressing when you continually open up to see "Pretend It's Tuesday". But I've waited patiently. Can hardly wait to hear the heartbeat and see the ultrasound. Never had one myself so it will be very exciting. Can hardly wait.
I am so very happy for you! There are TONS of quite prego clothes out there...I am geeting some great deals on them at ebay!
Hugs!
Becky
You need to start posting belly shots! What a great way to document growth. :) Kinda personal, though...
Congratulations on all the new exciting events. How great to feel your little one already! And everything you wear goes great with your "new Mommy glow"! :)
I miss you and want to see you next time I'm in town, belly and all! :) I'll be back in late March, hope we can get together.
Post a Comment