Kevin worked this morning, and I had a whole host of plans to keep the kids and me entertained. The Farmers' Market! The library! The zoo! The playground! After our AM allotment of TV (a mix of The Clone Wars and Blue's Clues) we got ready to hit the road. The diaper bag and snacks were in the car. But it was still a bit early and I was watching the grayish skies and little droplets of rain. To go or not to go...
Patrick wanted to play outside. And he can even say 'outside!' Not very clearly, but it's getting there. I want him to get outside as much as possible. If it's even remotely possibly, out we go. He never wants to wear a coat, and I don't push it. Garrison Keillor has a comment about a sweater is something you wear when your mother is cold. My kid will always be the one outside in inappropriate clothing of his choice.
Fiona is tucked inside my Baby K'Tan, Patrick has his push-cart, and off we go down the sidewalk (another new word). Patrick is very insistent that we walk on the sidewalk. Which we did. In the drizzle. For 90 minutes. We got a lot of practice looking left, looking right for cars.
Then the poor boy crashed on the couch (nekkid, the only way to nap) for 2 hours. I love wearing these kids out.
So we never made it to any of my grand-plan outings. But we had a good day.
2 comments:
I think half of my days start out with similar grand plans and only about half of those ones end up that way... sometimes, quiet days at home are the best!
When it gets nicer out, I'd love to meet little Miss Fiona sometime. Maybe we can have a park date and let the two year olds run wild.
How adorable is Fiona!? Oh, what a great mommy you are for not throwing a temper tantrum with Patrick's 90 minute walk! I probably would have been the impatient one and found a way to get done what I wanted. :)
Post a Comment