Saturday, January 16, 2010

Birthdays and Bellies, 2 weeks later


In a bizarre series of events, Kevin and I have had dates EVERY WEEKEND since the beginning of January. We went out for my birthday and hit the Worship Team post-holiday party. Then we went to the Celebration Choir post-holiday party after our joint birthday dinner with Mom the following weekend. And yesterday, we were able to attend wine club at Lisa's house and leave Patrick with yet another sitter.

Perhaps God is just having a great deal of pity on me, knowing what lies ahead.

You can see the sushi conveyor belt in the background. Those are sesame noodles, the main reason I wanted to come here. I love those noodles!



Here I am at Blue C Sushi holding my delicious Japanese soda. Somehow you activate the carbonation by pushing a marble down into the bottle. I don't quite get it, but it's rather fun.

Earlier in the day we had cupcakes at Hello, Cupcake. Patrick digs the frosting best, just like me.


The following weekend Mom came up and took us out for pizza. She does get off a bit easy, with Kevin and I having birthday's so close together. I'll save you all my yearly rant on why having a birthday in January totally sucks. Luckily baby girl (if in January) will be late enough to be safe from getting cheated out of birthday fun-ness. Pizza with a toddler always works, and he really likes their mac'n cheese. And somebody was blowing balloons, great entertainment for five minutes. After Patrick went to bed, Mom kindly stayed home so we could go to the Celebration Team party.

Kevin's birthday was a bit more low key, but still enjoyable for the man. I didn't make/ask him do ANY chores ALL DAY. He worked for a few hours, and then wanted take out burgers for dinner. We went to a little place by his old theater, great value and good food. Patrick devoured the chicken nuggets. We are excited when he eats anything beyond yogurt and cheese. A chill evening at home, after Patrick went to be we "snuggled" and watched a movie.

Here I am at 35 weeks, the obligatory belly pose. And I'm really not ready to be "done." Thinking this is my last few weeks to enjoy this time, ever, tears me up. I feel very blessed that I've been given the opportunity to grow two babies. Despite the challenges inherent with every pregnancy, I like it. However, I would like it much better without the 12 hour shifts.

4 comments:

Stacia said...

You look incredible! Enjoy these last few days/weeks (as much as possible given you're so uncomfortable), and milk as much out of it as you can!

Nuttymonkeymama said...

My last pregnancy was very bittersweet. I love being pregnant, despite all the aches and pains. I was lucky enough to grow three healthy babies. (I work with high-risk pregnancies, so I know how lucky I was!) And while the birth of a new child trumps the pregnancy in the end, I was still sad to see it go. Enjoy your last few weeks. Those 12 hour shifts are a b*#^h, I know, but you 'll make it through them!

CV said...

You look beautiful as always!

rg said...

If you ever want a third, you can always pull a Lena!