I'd love to write more, but Patrick decided to play "Get out of bed and run around screaming" for 45 minutes after we tried to put him to bed. I'm amazed that child is still of the living, for he just about killed his father with this routine. While it wasn't fun for me, either, I'm not surprised. With a new big boy bed in his new big boy bedroom, it was just a matter of time before the boy realized he could get out! Easily! By himself!
Tonight, the third night in his new bed, he realized it.
To be honest, the timing was good. Patrick had been a good kid today. Neither one of us worked today. And we both had the energy to stick with our plan (actually, it's the Supernanny's plan). Minimal interaction, repetative request, no yelling. After 45 minutes of this, I took the light bulb out of his lamp. Whether this did the trick or he was bored of the game, he fell asleep soon after.
Bets on how many minutes it takes tomorrow?
In the meantime, here's my belly at 34 weeks. I hope to keep fitting into my clothes, but no promises.
I just like that I don't even mean to be in the picture, but the belly can't help it. Patrick is wearing his Christmas Eve pajamas here!
4 comments:
You look smashing!
And welcome back...I've missed your posts!
You look great!
Happy New Year to you all!
I missed you not posting too. The pictures are great. I'm surprised you know about Supernanny without watching TV. Hopefully you won't have to spend hours putting him back into bed. I'm sure I've seen episodes where it took more than 90 times of putting the kid back into the bed and went on for hours.
Jenny, you look fantastic!!! I don't know if you remember me, but we went to high school together. Concert Choir with Doc, back in the day......
Post a Comment