Thursday, September 14, 2006

It's all a part of being a pirate

It's been a bit of a difficult few days.

On top of the familiar Drama-Drama (of which I've dominated every conversation with for months, and my sincere apologies for that), we have added the following:

I'm not pregnant, again. Major bummer, lots of moping and self-pity yesterday.
Major changes at Kevin's job. He's currently one of two full time people at the theater with a show opening in two weeks. When he was hired, there were six. Due to lay-offs, various sudden departures, and injuries, there are now two. Kevin is one of them. So he's a bit busy right now, but the TLT community has really come together to pull Dreamgirls off. I'm so proud of him.

But we are still finding time for the important things, like Pirates.

Next Saturday is the Portland Pirate Festival, and we will be there in full regalia!



Next week is filling up with girlfriends, accupuncture, haircuts, landscaping, and family. Kevin and I are full of hope for babies, jobs, money, and the magical completion of all the household tasks that make Mom crazy when she visits. Mom, you shell out the cash and we'll do whatever the hell you want!

ps. Kevin's birthday party is going to have a "Pirates and Wenches" theme. Everybody start shopping!

3 comments:

Lena said...

Yeah for the picture!!!

Becky said...

Man! I wish that I could be there with you at the PDX Pirate Fest! Have some brew for me!

Anonymous said...

woo-hoo! It's going to be awesome to have you two down at the Pirate Festival. And (barring some catastrophic event) you'll get to meet Liz! :)