Monday, September 18, 2006

It's not been a good couple of days. Work was fine, house is fine, everything is fine.

And you know how I feel about fine.

I'm bummed out, discouraged, frustrated, annoyed about all the same stuff. Blah Blah Blah.

So Kevin and I were at coffee this morning. Starbucks. Yes, I know all about supporting local businesses and I'm a big fan of that concept. But in the fall Starbucks has Pumpkin Spice Lattes, and I would sell my Mom (hi mom) to the highest bidder for a Pumpkin Spice Latte.

Kevin (bless his heart) was gossiping about work and mentioned The Pregnant Girl (who is 12 weeks and can't lift more than 20 pounds, tell that to my hard working pregnant nurses who still manage to kick ass at their job). She's very excited about wearing maternity clothes.

Starting to tear up, as asking Kevin if we could NOT talk about that. Feeling bad, he strove to change the subject. But I was still moping a bit. Wanting to make me smile, he reached deep down and came up with this jem.

"Well, on the bright side, you still get to have lots of sex with me this month!"

It worked.

4 comments:

Lena said...

Sometimes the word FINE is just another bad four-letter word.

Hang in there. I'll see you tomorrow.

MariClaire said...

That man really has a way with words, doesn't he? :)
On another note, I'm really glad we got together the other day. I have a client being induced on the 25th, so maybe I'll see you again soon...? Take care & drink a pumpkin spice latte for me. -MC

CV said...

I LOVE pumpkin spice lattes! And the gingerbread ones are yummy too. They are the only good reason for Starbucks' existance.

Anonymous said...

I love those pumpkin spice lattes too. I've had one every day for the past 2 weeks. Craig gave me his starbucks cards that he got from students. Yeah!! free lattes for a few more days. I'll treat you to one when you're down here. Hang in there. Love ya