Monday, September 11, 2006

It's been a kicky couple of days. Camille and I finally had some alone time :) at Starbucks for a brief hour in between our various social engagements. It was so wonderful to really talk about what's been going on, versus quick superficial conversation surrounded by everybody else. Then she was off to a hot dinner date with Paige, and Kevin and I hit the Thurston County Fairgrounds. The concert on Thursday was a riot. Great band, great music. It felt like going to a family reunion, and your favorite group is playing. The Wicked Tinkers don't wear panties under their kilts either, for I'm certain I saw a little Bum flashing when they were spinning around. But the best was running into Phil! After months of missing each other, we made some plans.

I introduced Phil to William and Babblin Babs' Bistro on Proctor. My new favorite spot, with specialty sodas, custom chocolate truffles, and a very chatty chief.

Saturday I did some shopping while Kevin was hard at work auditioning for TLT's Chronicles of Narnia, their winter holiday family show (meaning kid friendly). Thank goodness for allowances. I bought new magazines, Seducing The Spy by Celeste Bradley, a gorgeous pumpkin sweater from The Gap, and new eyeshadow from the Origins counter (along with five fun free samples!) After dinner we partied with the neighbors at Terry's block party. Terry is the one with lots of cars in his yard. But he's quiet, therefore almost anything is OK with me.

Sunday was the third meeting of The Girls' Church of Breakfast. Desiring a break from expensive brunches, we hit The Hob Nob per Alicia's desires. We will be sweet next time and do something in Olympia and Puyallup in the future. But people keep asking me to choose places, and I choose places that do not require me driving more than five minutes. Kevin and I spontaneously hit Rosewood Cafe for their Second Sunday wine tasting. Featured were Steele Wines, and they were lovely. Kevin conned me into buying a VERY EXPENSIVE bottle by the following phrase:

We should save this for our 10 year anniversary!

How could a girl resist?

2 comments:

CV said...

It was so wonderful to see you last week. Can't wait to do it again soon! Glad to hear the concert was fun. I'll have to check out that band.

Anonymous said...

You eat in the most interesting places...makes us want to move to the West Coast! Jeany