After The Storm, Kevin and I were fortunate. We were only out power for 12 hours. Living in the City Limits does have it's advantages. So it was only about 5 waking hours. Kevin used the camping stove to make breakfast, we lit some candles, and I took the dogs to the park and spent about one hour cleaning branches up from our yard. One big branch scraped paint off the siding when it hit the house. We filled both recycling containers, and we have a big pile of branches left to cut up.
It was a rough night, watching that wind. We live in an older neighborhood with lots of tall trees. Three on our property. Now we are considering having two of them cut down. Just the thing to spend a few hundred bucks on, joy of joys.
The Messiah was fabulous. We filled the church where we performed, so I'm thinking over 800 tickets. The soloists were great, and we did a pretty fine job ourselves. I usually don't enjoy repeating pieces, but I love singing the Messiah.
And thank goodness this nasty cold waited until Saturday to flare up. I feel nasty. Snot on top of pregnancy nausea is no fun. Aren't I supposed to be feeling better by now? My gag reflex has never been so sensitive. But I do think I'm starting to get a belly! Or maybe I'm just bloated.
We spent a fine time with Dana, Tim and Grace last night. Grace is just a hoot! All two-and-a-half chattiness and energy. We hit a place known for being kid friendly, lots of toys, and she just had a blast with other kids. It was fun to chit chat with Tim and Dana, catch up on news, and get ready for Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment