Friday, May 11, 2007

My idea of heaven is eight hours of sleep

uninterrupted. Not needing to pee. Not changing positions again because my hips hurt. Not feeling short of breath because I laid on my back for five whole seconds. But falling asleep at night and waking up again for the first time, eight hours later.

I hear rumors that it's not going to happen for a VERY LONG TIME. sigh.

I've had a spontaneous vacation this week. My back was giving me a hard time, so I took advantage of all the time-off I'd horded and stayed at home Tuesday and Wednesday. After some rest, yoga, and a trip to the massage therapist, I'm back to normal. That still means uncomfortable, just not as bad.

My friend Autumn called to say I could pick up her crib, and it's laying in pieces in Patrick's room until I can hound my husband to put it together for me. Again, I'm more than grateful for the generosity of friends who want to get rid of stuff by giving it to me! I love their baby stuff! With the crib in place, it will be easier to start getting the room more put together. This is my Mother's Day present to Nancy: the potential for organization and completed projects. I'm sure it's exactly what she wanted.

And Mom--I found the perfect curtain rods for $0.13 less than you gave me! And they're white!
My girlfriend Becky is having a baby in August. Her baby room is way more put together than mine. It has pictures on the wall and everything.

On a positive front, I still don't have stretch marks but I do have pregnancy clothes that still fit. Patrick fidgets like his mom, always stretching out feet and legs and squirming around. I love the squirming around. I love the Belly.

And I get to celebrate Mother's Day this year! Kevin has made plans. I don't know what they are. I would like to plan my own celebration. Kevin just laughs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know me so well - that will be the perfect Mother's Day gift!!

CV said...

Can you post pictures of the room? I'd like to see it, but only if you're up to it. I'm sorry you've not been sleeping well - too bad there's not a pregnancy-safe sleeping pill.