3. Goddess by Mistake by P.C. Cast (library) new read
I started reading this last month, about 100 pages in, then finished it today so it counts. Interesting blend of fantasy and romance, didn't much like the battle scenes. Her written voice is very funny, like listening to an entertaining girlfriend tell a great story.
4. Simply Unforgettable by Mary Balogh (library) new read
Not one of her better books, but likeable enough. The heroine did too much of the "I love you too much to ruin your upper class life with my lower class presence," crap. Right annoying, really. And the hero wasn't very fleshed out, although he was good guy. Decent read, but not one I'll run to buy. It's the first of a quartet, so I'm interested to see if I enjoy her other characters better.
A little yard work, a little cooking, a little visit to the farmer's market today. I ADORE the farmer's market. With all the budgeting Kevin and I are doing, we insist on buying good food, or at least good produce. So we have peaches and nectarines, green beans and summer squashes, a half-flat of raspberries, home-grown tomatoes and fresh lettuce, plus a touch of basil. Some organic, some not. While I keep meaning to sign up for Pioneer Organics home delivery, I hesitate because they skimp on local produce. So if I get my act together, Terries Berries has fall/winter boxes. Local and organic. How well-behaved. And I made my luscious roast chicken today. I need to think of a good name for my chicken...how about, "Better Than Matthew MacConaughey's Naked Chest Chicken."
hee hee
No comments:
Post a Comment