It's been a lovely couple of days. Patrick is wonderful, but a rather opinionated little guy. We have developed quite a routine (his mommy's boy), and who knows how long it will last. For the moment, however, I'll appreciate this bit of infant predictability.
We wake up around 5-6am. That is not a typo. After this, he's no longer interested in sleeping after his meal. So I'm up! Around 10am, he's down for the count again, and sleeps for the most part until the early evening, and he goes down for the "night" around 9pm. During his awake times, it's a combination of eating, changing diapers, being held, bouncing around, and hanging out in the swing if Mommy and Daddy are lucky.
Jay and Chenoah came up with their adorable son on Friday to hang out with us and help with some chores. The gift of their time and energy was so appreciated. Chenoah kindly doted on me while I fed Patrick, made a lovely dessert for dinner and cleaned my kitchen. Jay pulled Kevin outside where they stacked wood, cut the lawn, tore out some brambles, and sprayed poison. They also smoked a cigar and drank good scotch. We had a great time, and we are so lucky to have such delightful people call us their friends.
Sunday got pretty busy. Patrick went to his first church service for our niece's baptism. She was adorable, and very excited for all the attention. We had a nice family gathering at Tim and Dana's house afterwards. In the eveing, Kevin's theater reinstated the "Dickey" awards. It was a blast and very well attended. Kevin manned the grill, lots of potluck dishes, and fantastic company. We had lots of fun showing off Patrick.
2 comments:
Yay for new pictures! Hi cutie!
I love the new pictures each time I check your blog. What a joy, and what a wonderful time Patrick will have reading all this someday.
Post a Comment